Feb 16-18th 1996. Main control at Heber High School, Malpas
- Many thanks to Ken for the loan of the Kodak DC40 camera on which these
pictures were taken.
- Abnormal load which broke down on Saturday morning completely blocking
the A41 for the entire weekend. Using APRS we were able to accurately report
the position to all the nearby checkpoints and use alternate roads.
- Main event control room. 2m, 70cms and 4m voice nets were run from
this room together with an APRS display.
- Packet control. Just down the corridor from the main control room.
From here the APRS net was managed on 70cms radio and a packet BBS was used
to transfer start and finish data. Final results were also processed here
using conventional Windows spreadsheets. This picture shows Mike, G7LQD at
the keyboard. Looks like he's been at the beer again!
- Feeding the workers at the end of day 1. From left to right G8OJQ,
G8XMZ, G1NTX and G6IFA. But why does G8XMZ have two plates? And isn't that
a ladle he's using??
- The business end of things. View of main trailer mast with 2m &
70cms voice aerials and main 70cms packet aerial. Far right is the second
mast with secondary packet aerial and bottom right the emergency generator